Monday, August 16, 2010

Lesson 81- LA Weekend

This weekend Husband and I drove out of the crazy hot desert to Los Angeles to visit some of my family that lives there.

Friday night we had dinner at a Brazillian steakhouse.  It was simply a-mazing!  They have a huge salad buffet with a wide variety of salads.  Then comes the meat.  Loads and loads of it.  And so many different types.  And all so yummy!


After dinner we went to Americana in Glendale and walked around.  I love outdoor malls--so fun.  We found a frozen yogurt place that was delish.  I had original fro-yo (does anyone still call it that?!) with raspberries, cheesecake bites, caramel, and chocolate shavings.  And as I'm writing this, I'm really regretting that I didn't take a picture.

Saturday my aunt and uncle picked us up from our hotel and we headed into LA to La Brea Tar Pits.  Despite the overwhelming scent of asphalt, I think it's lots of fun!  And this was the first time that I can remember visiting the Page Museum which is devoted to the Ice Age animals that once inhabited the area.

And of course you can't forget about the tar that is oozing up all over the place from miles under the earth!

Here's my aunt and uncle hanging out outside the museums around the Tar Pits

And after a visit to the Beverly Center (where I was very proud of the way I restrained my shopping habits), we had dinner in Little Ethiopia at an Ethiopian restaurant.  It's very good and very different.  This was my second time there and Husband's first.  I was very proud at how adventurous he was with the food.  And it's fun cause you eat it all with your hands!


After dinner we headed to downtown LA for a free concert.  It was a bit on the lame side and we decided that another round of frozen yogurt in Pasadena would be more entertaining.  So off we went.  This time I had banana cream pie yogurt with crushed graham crackers.  And again, no pictures.  I know.  I'm lame with the photos, sorry!

Sunday we woke up for an early breakfast, visited a farmer's market with amazing fruit and veg.  Then it was off to Descanso Gardens for a walk (in attempt to walk off all the food we'd eaten over the weekend).  My cousin and his wife joined us.  About an later it was time for "see you later's" and Husband and I headed back into the desert.  It was a great little mini-vacay even though it went too fast!


Thanks Uncle ET and the Rose!  We had lots of fun!!!


Linking to:
Life in the Pitts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails