- 1 (18.25 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 24 milk chocolate candy kisses (I ended up using about 15 chocolate chips per cupcake instead)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, water and egg whites. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed of an electric mixer.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each cupcake with 1 teaspoon marshmallow creme. Dip spoon into hot water to prevent sticking. Return to oven for about 1 minute to melt slightly.
Warning: These are just as messy as traditional S'mores--and just as yummy!
Ham: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
Smalls: Some more of what?
Ham: No, do you wanna s'more?
Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
Ham: You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Alrite now pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good!
Oh, and another bit on the s'mores topic. One of my favorite memories from living in England: introducing them to my youth group. Too fun!!!
Okay, so pretty much you can never go wrong with s'mores. Or cupcakes. Or a classic movie. Or crazy teenagers.
Tuesdays at the Tablea href="http://hoosierhomemade.com/cupcake-tuesday/" target="_blank" title="Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade.com">a href="http://www.itsablogparty.com" target="_blank">