Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lesson 77-You're Killin' Me Smalls

Did you know that today is National S'more Day?  Nope?  It's okay, neither did I till last week when I was watching Food Network.  So I thought it would be appropriate to try out a recipe I found a while back to honor this National holiday--and maybe start a petition to not have to go to work on National S'more Day.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
  • 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 24 milk chocolate candy kisses (I ended up using about 15 chocolate chips per cupcake instead)
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, water and egg whites. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed of an electric mixer.
3. Divide batter evenly among paper lined cups, filling about 2/3 full. Place a chocolate kiss (or chocolate chips) in each cupcake, pressing in lightly. Spoon 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs onto each cupcake.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each cupcake with 1 teaspoon marshmallow creme. Dip spoon into hot water to prevent sticking. Return to oven for about 1 minute to melt slightly.

Warning:  These are just as messy as traditional S'mores--and just as yummy!

    And while we're at we can't forget this line from Sandlot--that movie is filled with so many classic quotable lines.

    Ham: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more? 
    Smalls: Some more of what? 
    Ham: No, do you wanna s'more? 
    Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing? 
    Ham: You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Alrite now pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! 

    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!  Hysterical! 

    Oh, and another bit on the s'mores topic.  One of my favorite memories from living in England: introducing them to my youth group.  Too fun!!! 
    Okay, so pretty much you can never go wrong with s'mores.  Or cupcakes.  Or a classic movie.  Or crazy teenagers.



    Linking to:

    Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysHappyDay Beauty and BedlamThe Girl CreativeTuesdays at the Tablea href="http://hoosierhomemade.com/cupcake-tuesday/" target="_blank" title="Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade.com">Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade.coma href="http://www.itsablogparty.com" target="_blank">
    It's a Blog Party

    5 comments:

    1. Yum! I'm a BIG fan of S'Mores! We love them here! Yours look yummy!
      Thanks so much for adding them to Cupcake Tuesday!
      ~Liz

      ReplyDelete
    2. Cute blog! I may have to try those!

      Thanks for the comment about the potential Scraptastic Saturday!!

      Hannah
      http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. Right back attacha (following back) and I loved this movie, great posts I read two before I went to work! Almost made me late.

      Nichole @
      carterfamilytable.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, those look great!! Thanks for the recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

      ReplyDelete
    5. These sound so DELICIOUS!! This sounds so yummy and now I'm craving sweets :-/ lol. I'm so happy I found you from my campout s'more buffet post...even if it took me awhile...

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know you stopped by...

    Related Posts with Thumbnails