Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lesson 58-Reading List Update

At the beginning of the year I gave myself the goal of reading 20 books this year. This is definitely a challenging task since I don't read near as much as I should or would like to. The year is a little more than half way over and I thought I would share with you my progress. Here are the books I've finished so far:

Buy it here
I read this one on our vacation to England and Ireland. This is the third? time I've read the book and I love it more and more every time. The story is just so powerful. And so timeless. Harper Lee is a genius in my opinion.


Buy it here

This was the other book on my list that I had read before. The first time I read it was shortly after being initiated in to my sorority. It was interesting reading it again having gone through the sorority process and being a few years out of college. Luckily my sorority appeared scandal free in the book!


Buy it here

Not as good as "The Devil Wears Prada" but an enjoyable, fun and easy read none the less.


Buy it here

Again, not as good as some other books written by Jane Green, but I enjoyed reading it.


Buy it here

I really love reading books by Donald Miller. This one took a little longer to get 'hooked on' but was a good read with some really great points about life. And I love his dedication at the beginning of the book--so sweet.


But it here
I love Jane Austen. I love the story. I love the movies. I love love love Mr. Darcy. But the book--I don't love it so much. But I'm glad I can finally say I've read the book.


Buy it here

I know I'm behind the times reading this one. I wasn't sure if I could handle the sad nature of the story. But I finally buckled down and did it and I loved it! So thought provoking.


Buy it here

Another fantastic book. Greg Mortenson is doing such remarkable work. I think everyone should be required to read this. He is definitely changing our world.
***********
And that's as far as I've gotten. If you've been counting you'll realize I'm not even half way through my list yet, but I still have faith I'll finish all 20 books. I'll be back later with another update.

What have you all been reading? Any recommendations for my list for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails