Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lesson 54-Cleaning the Laundry Room

The next step is making the laundry room one of the best looking rooms in the house was a good ol' fashioned cleaning. Have I mentioned that this was once a bachelor pad? Would you like to imagine what it looked like? Or you can just look at this picture:


Yuck, right?!

So aside from the obvious floor cleaning that needed to be done. I figured this would be a good time to clean the washer and dryer as well. I first took the vacuum and cleaned the dryer vent in the wall. Apparently this also helps the efficiency of the dryer and we're all for being energy efficient and 'green'. To get the dust from under the lid of the washer I took a paper towel and Vaseline. The dust sticks to the Vaseline like no other. Genius, really. Next up, vinegar. I ran a cup of vinegar through the washer to clean that out. I also took the lint trap out of the dryer and ran 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water through it to completely free it of any lint.

So now not only did our laundry room get a cosmetic face-lift, but the washer and dryer got some much needed TLC as well. Do you have any cleaning tips for laundry rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails