Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lesson 63- Why I May Be Burlap Crazed

Here is another craft I did with burlap, although I think it's only the second I've actually posted--better work on that! Anyways...remember a few months ago Husband and I took a mini-vacay to San Diego? While we were walking on the beach one morning I took a photo of the beach and I love, love, LOVE the way it turned out!

I eventually printed a 5x7 copy and put it in one of those handy dandy white frames from IKEA that are like $5. And it looked like this...

Which looked ok...but I wasn't crazy about it. So I pulled out my burlap, took the matte out of the frame. I sprayed adhesive on the front of the matte then placed it face down on the piece of fabric.

(By the way: This was the first project I used the spray adhesive for, before we became unfriendly) I cut off the extra fabric around the outer edges, then cut an 'X' in the center opening of the matte.

I then folded over the excess fabric and glued it to the back followed by cutting off any more extra fabric. It now looks like this:

Much better, don't ya think? The burlap makes the picture pop!


Linking to:

It's a Blog Party



We Are THAT Family
Hump Day link

Life in the Pitts

http://www.thethriftyhome.com

button

6 comments:

  1. I love burlap! And this is such an easy tutorial....the pic looks marvelous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Works For Me Wednesdays :) I love your burlap matte--it's adorable with your seaside picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Everythings better in burlap :)
    Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that picture is beautiful! Are you're right, that burlap compliments it so well!

    Thank you for participating in the Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I just bought me some burlap too. Project to follow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is lovely! And the burlap really brings it out, like you said. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails