Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lesson 120- Pumpkin in a Jar

I've seen these all over the blogosphere and wanted some for my own.  I used the mason jars I bought thrifting a while back, tissue paper left over from a gift bag, scrapbook paper, and acrylic paint.  Oh, and don't forget the Mod Podge.

 I cut the tissue paper in to strips about an inch thick and glued them to the inside of the jar with Mod Podge.  This wasn't easy!  Don't use mason jars!  Your hands may get stuck inside the jar.  And yes, I'm speaking from experience!

 Then I painted the rim of the jar with green acrylic paint.
Don't worry!  The white Mod Podge will dry clear.

Then I cut out faces from black cardstock.  I looked up Jack-o-Lantern faces from the internet for inspiration.


They're cute, but I think I'll stick to ol' fashioned punkin carvin!!!

1 comment:

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails