Friday, October 22, 2010

Lesson 127- Saving the Tatas

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I decided to make this t-shirt with some help from my local Hobby Lobby.

Supplies:
* 3 different types of pink ribbon
* black t-shirt
* white fabric paint
* letter stencil
* 3 buttons
* needle and thread

I first cut the ribbon about 3 inches long.  To prevent the ribbon from fraying, I used a lighter to singe the ends.  I used a dab of hot glue to keep the ribbon in a cursive "l".  After arranging the ribbon letters on the shirt where I wanted them, I used a dab of hot glue to place them on the shirt.  Then I sewed the buttons on the part of the "l" where the ribbon crosses.

Now it was time to paint the rest of the words on the t-shirt.  I bought a screen letter kit.  I was kinda tricky.  I'd recommend practicing on some scrap fabric first.  Too bad I didn't give myself that advise till after I did it.  Oh well.



And oddly, the pics I took seem to have disappeared, so I'm only able to show you the finished product.  Sorry! 

Do you have a special shirt bringing awareness to breast cancer?  Have you seen the NFL players with their hot pink shoes and such?  I think it's awesome that it's so popular and hopefully a cure is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails