Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lesson 119- Pottery Barn from the Dollar Store

I know this isn't the most original idea, but I love the way mine turned out.  I may make 23 more.  Or maybe not, maybe just 17. 

Remember I bought these two candlesticks from Goodwill a while back?
I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to use them for, but I was certain that it wasn't going to be candlesticks.  Then I discovered a random vase in the back of my car.  I have no clue what it was doing there, perhaps cleaning my car should be a post.  Someday... gosh I'm rambling today. 

Anyways...I decided to turn the vase and the candle sticks into some hurricane vases.  I bought a third candlestick and two more vases in different shapes and sizes at the dollar store. 

I put a thin layer of Gorilla glue on the top of the candlestick, flipped the vase upside down, and carefully placed the candlestick holder in the center of the base of the vase.  Next, I put a super heavy book on top, being very careful to balance it without letting the candlestick holder slide around.  Kinda tricky.  I kept the book there for about 12-ish hours.

Then I filled them up with some Halloween decorations.  The largest was filled with a bag of candy corn.  But don't eat them!  I first sprayed them with acrylic sealer.  This way they don't get sticky, don't attract bugs and I can keep them for a couple of years for decorating.  I like decorating with them, but think they're too gross to eat.  In the medium one I put some Spanish moss, that I had from this project, and some plastic skulls from the Dollar Store.  In the little one I put some silver glitter spiders I found at the Dollar Store too.

Thank you Potter Barn for being so inspirational!  And thank you Dollar Store for being so affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails