Monday, October 11, 2010

Lesson 118- Planting Candy

Last year Husband and I had way more Trick-or-Treaters than we anticipated.  This year we are prepared!  We bought a big ol' bag of candy from Costco (and are doing our best to not eat it all before Halloween.)  Perhaps we should have waited a few more weeks to buy the candy.  But anyway, I digress.

Here is what we're hold the candy in for distribution to cute/scary/funny kiddos.





So very festive, right?!  No worries my friends!  I didn't leave it this week.

I first spray painted the planter with $0.98 black spray paint from Wally World.  
Once it was dried (and wiped off, and then dried again) I added some Halloween stickers found in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby.  The stickers needed some extra love to stick, so I reinforced them spray adhesive.

Once the stickers were sufficiently stuck, I went over the entire thing with a couple of coats of Mod Podge.  Finally, I sprayed the entire thing with an acrylic sealer.  Now it was ready to be loaded with candy. 
Yummy!!!!
Anyone wanna share what their favorite candies are?  Any else like me and are not a choc-o-holic?









Get Your Craft On
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails