I made a wreath last year for Halloween and it was kinda cool, but it kept falling apart. That wasn't cool. But I liked the basic principle of the wreath. So I made a new one for this year, that is more durable and will last longer than one Halloween.
* Christmas wreath ($7.99 at Hobby Lobby, plus 50% off)
* black spray paint ($0.98 at WalMart)
* silver litter spray paint ($4.99 at Hobby Lobby, plus 40% off coupon)
* glitter spiders (Dollar Spot @ Target)
* glitter phrase (Dollar Spot @ Target)
* jewelry wire (already had)
* hot glue gun + glue sticks (already had)
1. Spray paint wreath black. It takes about 2 cans to get all the green covered in all areas.
2. Once the black has dried, spray it with the silver glitter paint. Both these steps should be completed in a well ventilated area!
3. Once the glitter is dried, attach your spiders to the wreath. I first used hot glue to stick them on there, then used the jewelry wire to wrap them to the wreath for added strenght. This one isn't falling apart this year.
4. Then I took my glitter word and attached it in the middle of the wreath, again using the jewelry wire to secure it.