Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lesson 126- Making Napkin Rings

Here is one of the Halloween projects I did last year.  

A combination of wanting some Halloween decorations and not having a lot of money to spend on them I decided on making my own Halloween napkin rings.

Supplies:
*cardstock
*scissors/paper cutter
*ruler
*hot glue gun with extra glue sticks
*ribbon in 3 different colors (I used purple, spider web print, and green)

Directions:
1. Cut card stock into 2inch strips
2. With a hot glue gun, glue strips into rings about 2 inches in diameter
3. With first ribbon color, glue one end of ribbon on inside of napkin ring
4. Wrap in and out ring vertically with ribbon, gluing as you go.
5. Glue other end of ribbon on the inside of ring, once outside surface is completely covered.
6. With second ribbon color, wrap once around outside of ring (horizontally), gluing both ends.
7. Repeat step 6 with third ribbon color.

Sorry I don't have pictures of the process or better instructions--this post was kind of an after thought! But here's the final product. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails