Monday, February 7, 2011

One Twelfth Complete!

My goal for the year was to read the Bible, the entire way through.  I've tried several times and for whatever reason I have always struggled to complete it.  But not this time.  This time I will persevere!  I've got God on my side, so there's no reason why I can't do this!!!

And I've gotten into a nice routine.  Tuesdays after work I head to a coffee shop not far from work and I read for about two hours.  I learned quickly that I focus better on what I'm reading if I take notes.  I'm keeping them in a journal and I think it'll be cool to have that down the road to remember what passages really spoke to me at this time in my life and what I took away from the readings.

I do have a Bible Through the Year book that I had initially intended on using, but after looking at it, it wasn't really what I needed for this endeavor.  So instead I've printing the classic reading plan from Bible Study Tools.  It is exactly what I need.

And as of today I have completed 1/12 of the Bible.  Ok, not a huge accomplishment, but I am well pleased with myself.  And I'm also looking forward to my coffee date tomorrow after work.

1 comment:

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails