Still sharing our Valentine's super late. But better late than never, right?
Our dinner date was at home this year. We made fondue, cause we love The Melting Pot, but don't love the prices. So I'm gonna share our recipes with you. It was actually pretty easy, and obviously much cheaper!
* 1 cup white wine
* 1 tbsp buttter
* 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
* 7 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
* 7 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 7 oz Emmentaler cheese, shredded
(We couldn't find Gruyere cheese at our local grocery store, so just doubled the cheddar)
1. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and whisk together, stirring constantly to avoid sticking or burning.
3. Once flour is cooked, add boiling wine. Whisk together till smooth, then add cheese slowly, stirring till all cheese is melted. Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot and keep over low heat.
(And being the super planner I am, I didn't have the candle for our fondue pot, so we used the Little Dipper that came with our Crock Pot)