Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We've Discovered the Secret of Marriage!

Husband: "Mumble mumble mumble"
Me: "What did you say"
Husband: "Nothing"
Me:  "You said something.  What did you say?"
Husband: "Nothing"
Me:  "Look me in the eye and tell me you didn't say anything."  (Now would be the time to tell you that this conversation took place over the phone)
Husband:  "Okay I'm looking you in the eye and I didn't say anything."

He then told me what he said to which I responded that his response didn't make sense to the question I had asked just prior to the "mumblemumblemumble".


Husband:  "Well I didn't hear your question"
Me:  "That's the third lie you've told me in the last 45 seconds."
Husband:  "Well I won't lie in the next 15 seconds, so I only told 3 lies in a minute.  Where are you?"
Me:  "Still driving home."
Husband:  "I know that.  But where are you now?"
Me:  "On my way home."
Husband:  "Oh you and your secrets."
Me:  "Well you lie and I'm secretive.  I think we've just discovered the secret to marriage."


Please note that this was all said in jest.  Neither Husband nor I think lies and secrets are the key to marriage, but we do think having fun and being silly have something to do with a happy marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails