* 2 cups white chocolate, divided in half
* 2 1/4 cups regular chocolate; divide in 3: 1 cup, 1 cup, 1/4 cup
* 2 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
* 7 full-size candy canes (approx)
You'll also need:
* 2 bowls for melting the chocolate
* blender or ziplock bag and mallet for crushing candy canes
* wax paper
1. clear off a large space on your counter top. Cover your counter top with wax paper.
2. Crush you candy canes, either by hand in a baggie, or in your blender. You'll need both chunks and powder. Separate the two using a sieve.
3. Put half of your white chocolate into a bowl along with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Melt it in the microwave. You can melt this on the stove if you choose to, but its so much easier (and quicker) to just follow the directions and use the microwave.
4. Pour white chocolate on to wax paper, smoothing it out with the back of a spoon. Work quickly, because it will begin to thicken fast. It's ok if it's a bit bumpy, but try to smooth it out as thin as possible--but not too thin!
5. Let it dry completely. Totally and completely.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the regular chocolate.
7. Before this layer dries, pour the candy cane powder over the chocolate.
8. Let this layer dry completely. Totally and completely.
9. For the 4th layer, melt your other cup of brown chocolate, along with another 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint. Pour it over the top then smooth out.
10. And let this layer dry completely. Totally and completely.
11. Melt the remainder of your white chocolate, with more peppermint. Then spread it on top.
12. Sprinkle the candy cane chunks on to the white chocolate. Then gently press them into the chocolate to make sure they stay put.
13. Now melt the remaining regular chocolate and drizzle over the top.
14. Let dry totally and completely. I left it over night.
15. Once it's dry, pick up the bark and drop it allowing it to break into pieces.
Sorry I wasn't very good about taking pictures on this! But you should try it anyways!