Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lesson 136- Those Wire Hangers Are Actually Useful

You know those wire hangers that are pretty miserable that the dry cleaners always return your clothes on?  I've finally found a great use for them...



...a Christmas wreath.  I used my very strong (and very handsome) Husband to undo the hanger to was just a straight piece of wire.  Then I started putting gold and silver ornaments on the wire.  I needed about 48 regular sized balls and 36 tiny balls to use as fillers.
Before putting the ornaments on the wire, I used hot glue to glue the tops on to the ornaments.  You don't want them falling off when you're opening or closing the door.
Once all my balls were on the wire molded it into a circular shape and had the Husband wrap the wire around itself at the top to close it.  To make it a little more secure I hot glued the sides of the balls to each other.

I used red ribbon to make a hanger at the top.  I recommend stocking up on ornaments at Hobby Lobby when they are 50% off.  This way you're paying for only half the ornaments you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails