Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lesson 137- A New Cookie

As I mentioned I am in the hunt for my own Christmas cookie collection.  I found this recipe, and as a huge fan of egg nog, I thought it would be a good recipe to try.

Ingredients:
* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup eggnog
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 egg yolks
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2.  Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3.  Cream sugar and butter until light. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
4.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.




Turns out I didn't like them too much.  There was too much spice to them for my liking and the texture was more like bread than a cookie.  However, my parents really liked them...so I sent the batch home with them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails