Friday, September 10, 2010

Lesson 99-Luggage Tags

Remember I mentioned that Husband recently got an awesome promotion?  Well said promotion involves a lot of traveling.  I wanted to get him a little congratulatory gift that was travel related.  I thought it would be cool to make him some personalized luggage tags.  Which is actually more difficult than I thought it would be.  There are packages you can purchase online.  But the cons were: 1)  I didn't want to wait for them to be shipped; 2) They only came in packages of 10 or more, I only needed 2.  Office supply stores had nothing of the sort.  So I improvised.

1.  I made the text in a Word document and printed on regular printer paper.  One side was going to have Husband's favorite football team's logo.  The other side has all the important info.

2.  Using the insert for a luggage tag we already had as a stencil I traced around each side on the paper and then cut each out.  I then glued each side to a piece of cardstock, same size and shape.  In retrospect, this was probably not necassary.  The lady at the office supply store told me it was a little thick for lamination.  Which brings me to...
3.  I took each piece to the local office supply store to be laminated.  They fit inside a business card pouch which only cost .99 for each one.
4.  After I got home with the laminated pieces, I punched a whole on the end wide enough to fit the straps through.  I just took the straps from luggage tags we already had.

5.  I made a little envelope with some left-over card stock and put the tags in there with a little message.

They are now residing in my dresser until we go to our congratulatory dinner tomorrow night.  I hope he likes 'em!

Happy Friday!  Hope your weekend is filled with all things fun!


LifeasaWife
New Friend Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Those luggage tags look great! I'm sure he will love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, we are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails