Last Friday I hosted my first Bunco party and wanted to make pink lemonade cupcakes for dessert. I had seen a recipe on Pinterest, but used this recipe instead (found here). I modified the recipe slightly.
For the cake
* 1 box white cake mix
* 3/4 cup pink lemonade frozen concentrate
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 4 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line muffin tins with liners.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix with an electric mixer on low for about 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium for another minute.
3. Fill liners until 2/3 full.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes.
5. Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
For the icing
* 3 cups powdered sugar
* 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
* 4 tbsp. pink lemonade frozen concentrate
* pinch of salt
* food coloring
1. Combine all ingredients and mix slowly until blended.
2. Increase speed and beat until you have desired consistancy. It took about 5 minutes for me.
3. Add a few drops of red food coloring to make pink icing.
Then I topped the cupcakes with pink sprinkles and straws. They were a huge hit. Come back on Thursday to see more of my Bunco party!
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday