Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap 7/22-7/24

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you that have commented recently with your sweet compliments and words of encouragements.  I am so blessed by you!  And if I was better at this whole blogging thing I would thank each of you individually but I haven't figured out how to respond to comments yet.  But please know I am truly thankful!!!!

Friday night, Husband I decided to try to Buffalo Wild Wings.  There's a local place, Native New Yorker, that we like to go to for buffalo wings and decided to give the big chain a try.  And we were very pleased with the experience.


Saturday was spent doing some errands like grocery shopping and such.  Then I started the cooking.  We had our friends and their two daughters over for dinner Saturday night.
 Of course as soon as I started cooking I realized I didn't have all the eggs I needed for my cupcake recipe.  Husband walked across the street to our neighbors (who we just have a waving relationship with) to ask for two eggs.  Nice to know we have some neighborly neighbors!



  I made Cheesy Ranch Potatoes and Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes; Husband made steak and put together a beautiful salad.  I love that he likes to entertain as much as I do.  And even more, I love that he is so willing to help in the kitchen.  I am so blessed by him!



We had a great time at dinner.  They shared their dinner-time traditions of asking each person at the table three questions: 
* What was the worst part of your day?
* What was the best part of you day?
*What was you greatest success today?
How awesome is that idea to get people talking and thinking about their days?  We may have to steal it ;-)
Then we stayed up way to late.  The girls watched Popeye while the grown-ups payed Phase 10 (and sadly neither Husband nor I won).


Sunday morning we were up bright and early to take our pups to the vet for their comprehensive exams.  Oliver got a little pedicure and Montana got her teeth cleaned.  Both dogs are in good health and we were glad to hear it.



After dropping off the dogs, we went to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to do some reading.  I'm still working on my Bible reading and Husband got caught up on the news (and clipped some coupons too!  Definitely a first for him!)



We stopped by the in-laws house to give them some left over cupcakes on the way home.  My mother-in-law has decided to start tablescaping (and my father-in-law totally blames me, haha) and she was excited to show me all her purchases.  I hope I'll be able to share some of her tablescapes with you soon!
That afternoon Husband had a man-date with one of his pals.  They went to see Captain America.  I stayed home.  I pretended to feel left out, but I really enjoyed staying at home watching Gilmore Girls, napping, cleaning, and organizing.

Whew!  This post ended up being real word-y.  Sorry!  But I hope I didn't bore you too badly.  What were you up to this weekend?  I'd love to know (even if I don't respond to your comments)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails