Friday, July 1, 2011

Red White and Blue (and a new friend)

It's finally finished. 

I have a confession to make.  I started this last year.  Eek!  I know, I'm a slacker.  This is what it looked like from approximately 11.75 months.



Then, this week I buckled down and finished it.  I made similar shortly after Husband and I got married, but I certainly don't remember it taking so long.

 
  And I mean minus it sitting in the craft room for 11.75 months.  I spent a good 3 or 4 hours this week finishing it.  Maybe that's why it sat untouched for the better part of a year.  And as I write this I'm becoming more and more happy that it's finally finished. 

As I closing in on a finished product, I ran out of fabric.  



I could have gone to buy more handkerchiefs, but then I would have leftovers that I didn't really want.  



So I improvised...with Christmas ribbon.  It was red.  It matched.  I was on board.

Here it is on our front door.


And here is the friend I found outside while I was hanging the wreath.  I think he's cute.



Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!!



Linking to: 

The Shabby Nest



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails