Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Recap 7/15-7/17

Husband had a minor surgery last Thursday so I stayed home on Friday.  One because neither of us slept very well the night before, and also because Husband asked me to.  Lucky for me he was feeling good enough to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part II.






I started reading the books freshman year of high school.  I was never a fan of fantasy and was in a stage of my life when I didn't want to read.  I was reading a lot for my English classes and that was enough for me.  J.K. Rowling changed my life, like she changed so many children's lives.  She got us reading...for fun.  And she allowed me to keep my imagination active in a world that crushes that out of children.  I have been hooked ever since Harry Potter and Socerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone).  It really was emotional for me for the last movie to come out.  For 12 years, it has been a major part of my life.  And yes, I did cry.  Three times.  Don't judge me :-)

I also got to see some of my sorority sisters that were in town for the weekend!  We met at Yard House for drinks and a late lunch/early dinner.





Saturday we met my cousin Kelli at Red Robin.  She is out here visiting from Texas and spending some time with her BFF from college.  They just finished their freshman year at Baylor.  Sweet girls, and it was fun to hang out for a while!!!

Old picture!



That night we had Husband's parents over for dinner.  I made a very yummy dinner, if I may say so myself, and I'll be sharing recipes later!  And this begins the part of the weekend I forgot to take pictures of!

Saturday morning we had my sorority sisters over for breakfast!

That afternoon we baby-sat our friends' kids.  Their parents wanted to go see Harry Potter and needed some one to keep their kiddos.  So Husband and I took them to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch then back to our house for movies.



 And I may or may not have let them have two cupcakes while they were over.  Hey, what are friends for, right?!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails