Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lesson 43- The Best Place in England

My favorite place in England--or one of them--is a stately home in Derbyshire called Chatsworth. It is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire and was Jane Austen's inspiration for Pemberly in 'Pride and Prejudice'. Chatsworth has also been featured in several movies including 'Pride and Prejudice' with Keira Knightly and 'Wolfman'.

We visited while we were in England and I thought I would share some pictures of the beautiful rooms in the home. Obviously since it is a still lived in home only portions are open to the public, but those rooms are still amazing. Some pictures though are from previous trips while I was living in England.

































Isn't it so beautiful?! Doesn't it make want to search out Mr. Darcy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails