Monday, April 5, 2010

Lesson 36- Spring Cleaning I

This week I'll be doing a little series on Spring Cleaning, cause it's that exciting time of the year! Oh joy!

While cleaning our bathroom the other day, I realized that our medicine cabinet was crammed full of stuff. And when I started looking at all that stuff I started wondering if it all really needed to be crammed in there. It was one of those spaces in the house that I organized when I moved in, but didn't actually pay too much attention to. Oops.

So I pulled everything out of the cabinet and started reading expiration dates. Husband had some stuff in there from 2001!!! Holy good grief! Needless to say close to half of the stuff that was crammed in the medicine cabinet ended up in the trash can. And now there's even room for me to store some stuff! Who'd've thunk it?!

Most toiletries and cosmetics have a shelf life of 12-24 months. Prescription medications will last 12 months; over-the-counter will last about 24 months. Make sure to watch your expiration dates! Aside from the fact it frees up shelf space, it could be harmful using past-dated stuff!!!

And here ends part one of my Spring Cleaning Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails