We learned today that Christmas morning will not only be spent with my in-laws but some of their friends from church. While we are in the spirit of giving, our checking account is no longer willing to give us too much more for gifts. Not a problem, just gives me an excuse to get crafty! We decided for each family to do hot cocoa in a jar. since they all have young children we figured it's a great holiday treat.
Hot Cocoa Recipe:
* 1 1/2 C. skim milk powder
* 1 1/2 C. white sugar
* 3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa
* 3/4 C. non-dairy creamer
* mini marshmallows
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well. For a finer mix, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix well.
2. Transfer cocoa mix into canning jars (about 32-36 oz). Fill remaining space in jar with mini marshmallows. I used the seasonal French Vanilla ones that were in the shape of snowmen--very festive!
3. Cut fabric in square pieces with pinking shears one inch larger than lid diameter.
4. Place lid on jar, then fabric square, then ring onto jar.
5. With ribbon, yarn, or rafia, attach directions:
"Place 2 or 3 tablespoons in a mug and add boiling water"
Happy Gift-Giving and Merry Christmas!