Friday, March 26, 2010

Lesson 31- Saving My Marriage

Ok, so maybe the title of this post is a bit on the drastic side. My marriage is definitely not on the rocks. But that does bring me to the rocks on my ring finger. I have a beautiful wedding ring--not that I'm bragging. But it's really pretty. Unfortunately, it is turning my finger really ugly. Not in a Husband bought a cheap-o ring and my finger's turning green ugly, but in a red, irritated skin ugly. Either way, it's no good. I wanna wear my wedding ring, but not if it's going to make me feel like my finger might come off.

So I needed to come up with a solution to clean my ring and disinfect it. So I came up with this quick and easy solution.
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup Windex
* soft bristled toothbrush

I put the water in a Pyrex bowl in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, till nice and hot. Then I added the Windex to the bowl. I let the ring sit in the water for our 4 minutes. Next I scrubbed and rubbed the ring to get all the gunk off of it. Finally, I left it on the counter to air dry. And it looks so pretty and shiny!

As for my finger, I've been putting Rosebud salve on it. I love that stuff. My grandma introduced me to it and I feel in love instantly. So my finger looks and feels a lot better. And I know Husband will be relieved that I can still wear the beautiful ring he gave me.

Got any other jewelery cleaning tricks? Or remedies passed down from grandma's? Has anybody else suffered from wedding-ring-gunk-itis?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails